Provides tactical and strategic leadership for assigned service line(s) at Kootenai Health (KH), including growth & development, implementation of new services and optimization of current operations. Responsible for developing business and program plans, preparing financial presentations, analysis and budgets, identifying potential issues and opportunities within the service lines and their related programs. Provides leadership by building consensus and managing successful programs that are customer focused, supports growth initiatives and improves care delivery. Works with other leaders in the organization in either a direct or matrix relationship in both the inpatient and ambulatory care settings. Oversees the contract provisions as appropriate. Accountable for quality outcomes, standards of patient care, performance improvement, process management, provider satisfaction, business operations, resource utilization, and management development. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree required
2. Bachelor's degree or higher which is relevant to clinical area if providing direct supervision of clinical staff.
3. State of Idaho Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure OR current RN licensure from a state participating in the "multistate privilege to practice" compact with Idaho required or Licensed Pharmacist in Idaho or eligible for Idaho Licensure.
4. 5 years' experience in healthcare management required. Hospital experience desired.
5. Broad and intensive understanding of clinical operations and the related functions of administration and the service lines.
6. Demonstrated business acumen and management skills associated with budgeting, program development, planning and execution.
7. Knowledge of negotiations and change management.
8. Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements.
9. Excellent and proven leadership skills incorporating accountability, open communication and team building.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function.
Majority of shift spent sitting.
No or very limited physical effort required.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
Kootenai Health operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Kootenai Health complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sex. Kootenai Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sex.
Full Time Days