Saint Alphonsus Health System
SAHS - Saint Alphonsus Health System
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift
Under the general direction of the Regional Manager and the System Director, Food & Nutrition Services, the Regional Executive Chef is responsible for the oversight and coordination of the day-to-day culinary operations of the Regional Health Ministry's (RHM) Food & Nutrition Services (FANS) of Regional Health Ministries (RHM) within an assigned region including quality control/improvement Helps develop and maintain a culinary integrity program in a multi-site environment. Trains and develops Executive Chefs as well as existing kitchen staff and develops and cultivates further talent to drive excellence through staff training and engagement. The Regional Executive Chef leads by demonstration through proper cooking techniques and possesses a working knowledge of regulatory and food safety/sanitation practices and principles based on HAACP, Health Department, Joint Commission and THS standards across the region. The Regional Executive Chef coordinates food production efforts across the region as assigned and is responsible for coordinating efforts with a focus on quality, preparation and presentation of all menu items across a given region while maintaining a high level of food quality utilizing THS standards and systems. The Regional Executive Chef also interacts, engages and coordinates efforts with clinical dietitians to ensure optimal patient care across all sites as assigned within the region as well as co-develop and promote wellness, educational and community initiatives. Under the direction of the Regional Manager, works collaboratively with all levels of FANS leadership and management team disciplines at RHMs across the region. Develops and implements plans and implementation processes that support Trinity Health and RHM FANS goals, objectives, strategies, policies, and procedures. Ensures cost reduction targets and productivity improvement objectives are met and managed across the region, while cultivating service/product quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures the Regional Manager is kept abreast of issues or problems impacting program efficiencies and effectiveness. Attracts, develops and trains talent to ensure program quality, sustainability, long-term growth, and development. The Executive Chef leads by exemplifying the mission, vision and values of Trinity Health and the Regional Health Ministry.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, supports and endorses senior leadership decisions, goals, objectives, and strategies.
2. Oversees the day-to-day management of the culinary activities for multiple FANS departments and ensures program service support objectives are met. Provides a work environment that fosters positive energy, creativity, and teamwork among colleagues across all functional areas. Provides operational and technical support to RHM FANS management stakeholders in support of the overall management of FANS programs. Develops, implements and coordinates across the region:
Implementation of core program systems (Menus, Food Formularies, Cleaning Practices, auditing tools, competencies, etc.)
3. Participates in monthly budget reviews with the General Manager and RHM stakeholders to identify budget variances; and prepares related reports for senior management review.
4. Keeps the Regional and General Manager informed of issues affecting program costs, service capabilities, effectiveness and efficiencies, as well as issues noted during Performance Improvement audits in areas of responsibility. Presents findings and recommendations for improvement to the Regional Manager.
5. Meets with direct reports, Executive Chefs and support staff, as required, to review overall culinary operations goals/objectives, to address shortfalls and open issues and to encourage open dialogue for suggested process improvements across multiple sites. Outlines expectations, accountabilities, and measurables used in determining success.
6. Develops and administers Program Quality Evaluations and reviews Patient and Customer Satisfaction Survey scores for discrepancies and overall customer satisfaction for FANS. Prepares Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) where necessary to resolve customer satisfaction issues and address program quality deficiencies in the culinary area(s).
7. Interviews, hires, trains, appraises, counsels, and supervises staff; handles disciplinary actions. Reviews and approves expense reports and holds direct reports accountable to Trinity Health and THS policies and procedures. Reviews hiring justifications to ensure financial cost saving merit.
8. Ensures timely completion of annual performance appraisals; addresses colleague problems and issues related to their work or environment. Fosters the development of diverse teams at all levels as appropriate and outlines annual skills development, career growth opportunities and improvement objectives with direct reports. Establishes and monitors progress on objectives and takes the necessary actions to resolve and prevent recurring issues. Provides the necessary leadership and oversight in cases where disciplinary action or termination is warranted.
9. Manages multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment and possesses the ability to adapt to change. Demonstrates the ability to develop a project plan for major projects with milestones to determine schedule of deliverables to advance project outcomes.
10. Participates in Trinity Health FANS regional and national Advisory councils to develop best in class programs and identifying best practices; driving change to positively affect operational, financial, and service performance at the RHM.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
12. Ensures all aspects of RHM multi-site operations including but not limited to all culinary functions and standards, Patient/Retail Production and Catering and Retail operations as assigned. Leads and ensures that all areas function in a compliant, optimal and efficient manner that ensures patient and customer satisfaction
13. Ensures existence of effective quality improvement programs within all sites, as assigned, inclusive of the food borne illness, safety and infection control aspects in the appropriately assigned areas of the department.
14. Ensures all menus are reviewed annually across all sites (Patient, Retail, etc.) and adjusted according to patient/customer preference. Works with assigned clinical nutrition staff to ensure that Nutrient Analysis for all menus are accurate and updated as needed.
15. Under the leadership of the Regional Manager, works with Database Administrators, or designates, to ensure all food formularies are consistent and compliant per THS standards across all sites and within the region, as assigned.
16. Ensures that all catered functions are approved, planned and executed per policy in a timely fashion with a customer centered focus.
17. Ensures safe conditions and procedures are followed at all times across all sites to minimize/eliminate workmans compensation claims and create a safe working environment for all Food & Nutrition colleagues.
18. Displays the ability to plan and direct food production personnel regarding type and quantity of food to be prepared and any special techniques to be employed for modified diets. Ensures that all menu items follow a THS approved recipe and that all recipes are accessible to culinary staff.
19. Maintains accurate and appropriate records as required.
20. As a good steward, demonstrates a cost-conscious attitude to time usage and consistently makes the best use of time across all sites as assigned.
21. May handle additional duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Completion of an accredited culinary institution program or equivalent degree and a minimum of five to seven years progressive multi-site experience in the general culinary or healthcare foodservice management field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. LEAN certification preferred.
Ability to work effectively in a diverse, collaborative, and team oriented culture.
Ability to develop methodologies for collecting and analyzing relevant data; to audit program processes; monitor quality; identify, problems and their root causes, and make recommendations for improvement.
Excellent leadership, analytical, organizational, planning, delegation, coaching, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal), and computer (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills; with a continuous improvement mindset and ability to challenge conventional thinking at all levels of the organization.
A personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
Ability to be a self-starter and independent worker able to manage multiple conflicting priorities and demands.
Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and provide regular follow up to ensure objectives is met.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Works in a well-lighted, well-ventilated area.
Occasionally exposed to normal food service conditions such as noise, heat and humidity.
TRINITY HOSPITALITY SERVICES MISSION STATEMENT
In the spirit of our guiding behaviors and as stewards of Trinity Health, our pledge is to deliver culinary, nutritional and hospitality excellence in a compassionate and innovative manner to all we serve across our ministry.
TRINITY HEALTH MISSION STATEMENT AND GUIDING BEHAVIORS
Mission: We serve together in Trinity Health, in the spirit of the Gospel, to heal body, mind and spirit, to improve the health of our communities and to steward the resources entrusted to us.
The Guiding Behaviors are the behaviors necessary for all of us to achieve our Vision. They are:
We support each other in serving our patients and communities. We communicate openly, honestly, respectfully and directly. We are fully present. We are all accountable. We trust and assume goodness in intentions. We are continuous learners.
Executive Chef Food & Nutrition Services, Saint Alphonsus Health Syster - Nampa Medical Center
1512 12th Ave Rd.
Executive Chef Food & Nutrition Services, Saint Alphonsus Health Syster - Nampa Medical Center
4300 E. Flamingo Ave
Operation Manager Food & Nutrition Behaviorial Health Clinic Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
1050 N Curtis Rd